Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too!

Go down 
3 posters

Which Verse Do YOU Enjoy Most?
I am convinced our hearts are not healthy until they have been satisfied by the only completely healthy love that exists: the love of God himself. -Beth Moore
2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too! I_vote_lcap0%2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
God loves you and wants you to experience peace and life- abundant and eternal. -Billy Graham
2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too! I_vote_lcap33%2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too! I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
God carries you picture in his wallet. -Tony Campolo
2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too! I_vote_lcap67%2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too! I_vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Angelic_Plagues
Private
Private
Angelic_Plagues

Female
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-01-07

2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too! Empty
PostSubject: 2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too!   2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too! EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 8:42 pm

Hello Everyone! Well this is a new series i'm bringing to Chrisian Warriors. This book is about Self Esteem and about Respecting yourself. I really enjoy reading this book because it's straight to the point on life and how to deal with everything. I hope you enjoy taking about two minutes to read the daily devotions to help you through the days and following.
The Author of this book is from the Family Christian Stores.
flower

Day 1 : God Loves You and You Should Too!

The Unfailing Love of the Lord Never Ends! - Lementations 3:22

Face it: sometimes it can be tough to respect yourself, especially if your feeling like a less-than-perfect citizen living in a world that seems to demand for perfection. But before you go headlong into the self-criticism mode, think about this: God knows all your imperfections, all your faults, and all your short commings...and he even loves you anyway. And because God loves you, you can- and should- feel good about the person you see when you look into the mirror.
If you've ever had the feeling that you simply don't "measure up", perhaps you've been measuring yourself by society's standards, not God's. If so, it's time to start worrying less about impressing other people and more about pleasing God. Starting Now.

The Big Idea
God's Love makes everything look a lot better: When you invite the love of God into your heart, everything in the world looks different, including you.

Last edited by on Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: 2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too!   2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 10:28 am

hey Hannah, thats a great read, i'm glad you are going to take charge of our devotions area Smile. Definitely looking forward to the daily readings Smile

Well my reply on todays reading, well self image is definitely a big issue in our society, and i can see it everyday from both males and females. I think that females take more into account their personal image then men do, not sure why but they just do, don't you all agree?

Definitely if you know Christ Loves you for who you are, then it doesn't matter if you wear the best clothing, or have the best things right, then you wouldn't feel so down. But in todays society, self image is something we all deal with daily, and its up to us to understand and know that God never judges us, and loves us for who we are Smile
Back to top Go down
Angelic_Plagues
Private
Private
Angelic_Plagues

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too!   2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too! EmptyWed Jan 09, 2008 10:00 pm

totally, women try to "impress" others and i think they get too cought up in themselves trying to look perfect. to me- i think it's a waste of time. God doesn't care on how you look on the outside- just on the inside. I don't think "retarted" people are judged by God because of how they look, all i know is that God still loves them anyways.

xoxo
Back to top Go down
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: 2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too!   2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too! EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 6:11 pm

Hannah, I agree with you. As someone who has suffered with self-esteem issues for years I understand the need or want to try to conform to what society expects women to look like. I'm still not there, but am closer to accepting myself for who I am. It's not been an easy journey for me. I've had some awful things happen to me at the hands and voices of others - people can be cruel. In public school I had my skirt pulled down by a male student on the playground during recess, I have had "fatso" written on my forehead and then pushed down a flight of stairs - that happened in highschool - I have been locked in a locker, pushed around, stepped on and over and spoken badly about. Words can hurt more than the physical assaults I dealt with. Hence some of the reasons I have some self-esteem issues. It stems back from my childhood days but it didn't get better as I got older, it got worse.

I'm going to share with you something I wrote, January 5th, 1993 - that was a long time ago - I was in my last year of highschool but still lacked self esteem.

A Stranger In The Mirror

When I look into the mirror,

The reflection that I see,

Is someone, who I know real well,

The reflection is of me.

She stands, she sits, she imitates,

The actions that I make;

I know it’s my reflection,

Not an image, which is fake.

She looks the same as I do.

Her opinion same as mine.

But she’s the stranger in the mirror

That I see there all the time.

Her eyes are dark and cloudy.

Her face is bleak and drawn.

She looks so lost that sometimes

She feels she doesn’t belong.

There’s no stranger in the mirror,

Just a reflection that I see,

When I am feeling lost or hurt,

The reflection is of me.

Written by Lisa Witherington
Dated January 5, 1993

Thank you for posting the devotions you are posting. They have all touched my heart in different ways.

Blessed be, Lisa
Back to top Go down
Angelic_Plagues
Private
Private
Angelic_Plagues

Female

PostSubject: Re: 2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too!   2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too! EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 8:44 pm

I like that poem Lisa. I think it is so stupid that people have to pick on others like that. ;/
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

PostSubject: Re: 2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too!   2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too! EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 8:49 pm

Angelic_Plagues wrote:
I like that poem Lisa. I think it is so stupid that people have to pick on others like that. ;/

yeah...well in today's society, unfortunately we come across many people like that, but its important we don't brush them off...but guide them from wrong to right Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too!   2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too! Empty

Back to top Go down

2 Minutes a Day - God Loves You and You Should Too!
Page 1 of 1