Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Funeral today - sad and touching service

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Funeral today - sad and touching service Empty
PostSubject: Funeral today - sad and touching service   Funeral today - sad and touching service EmptyTue Jan 08, 2008 4:17 pm

I went with my mom and dad to our friend's funeral this morning and I had to share with you what happened as it was inspiring and touching and left not a dry eye in the house.

Mark was 49 years old when he passed away on January 3rd 2008 with his wife Lori and his son Michael at his side.

The funeral home was standing room only today. The chapel was full, the second floor balcony was full, there was a sea of people standing in the hallway and some people even had to stand outside as there was no more room to get in.

Mark's coffin was piped by bag pipper into the chapel. They had an honour guard of correctional officers in their dress uniform but there were about another 100 more correctional officers there is there work uniform. There was a sea of men and women in blue shirts, pants and ties. UNITED.

Michael plays football, his dad was the coach. The entire football team was there. All in their jersys. A mass group of young men.

Mark was involved with the Big Brothers Organization. His fellow volunteers and kids that he had been a big brother to were there.

There was easily over 250 people in attendance at his funeral.

The service started with Mark's brother saying a few words and then Michael, Mark's son went up to the microphone to say a few words. He went to talk, cleared his throat spoke one word and broke into a sob. There was not a dry eye in the house. Men and women in uniform crying, football players crying, friends and family alike all had their heads down, crying as Michael stood before us all and gave a wonderful testimant of his father.

The minister was fantastic. He only did one reading, Ecclesiastes 3 ~ To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven but then he spoke of each verse. It was beautifully done.

Thank you for letting me share this very sad but most touching day with you. God Bless you all.

Blessed be, Lisa
Back to top Go down

Funeral today - sad and touching service
Page 1 of 1