Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Prayers for work

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Prayers for work Empty
PostSubject: Prayers for work   Prayers for work EmptySun Dec 16, 2007 1:52 pm

For those of you who don't know, I am an Ambulance Communications Officer Supervisor - which is a fancy title for someone who answers 911 medical calls and dispatches ambulances.

December is a very hard month for me to work there. We have an increase in suicide calls which is always a hard call to take, we get a lot of fatalities on the roads and just medical calls where babies, children, teens, adults and elderly pass away and we have to talk to their grief stricken family members.

Most of the time I can leave my work at work. What I mean is, after 12 hours of listening to illness and death, I leave those emotions at work and come home to enjoy time with my family. However; two years ago this month, I was the dispatcher who had to send many vehicles in a snow storm to a call on one of our highways. It was a 2 car collision and once the medics got there, we found out that all the people in the one car did not survive the accident. It was a mother, son, daughter and neice. The other vehicle, both passengers sustained critical injuries and died later in hospital. That call still haunts me to this day. The call was on December 23rd.

So, if you can spare some prayers for me and my co-workers who have to work this holiday season I would appreciate it. I deal with sickness and death on a daily basis, all through out the year, but my heart hurts more at this time of the year.

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Prayers for work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prayers for work   Prayers for work EmptySun Dec 16, 2007 3:11 pm

wow...that must be realy tought. I don't know how i'd handle something like that. Well my prayers are with you Lisa ofcourse...GodBless you, and i pray God heals those thoughts you have of previous incidents. But remember Lisa, those people are most definitely in a better place...well i'm praying for you Lisa!!
Back to top Go down

Prayers for work
Page 1 of 1