Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

3 Doors Down

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

3 Doors Down Empty
PostSubject: 3 Doors Down   3 Doors Down EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 6:42 pm

Are these guys a Christian Band or at least sing some Christian Music?

I've heard yes and no on this so I'm curious as to what you all think.

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
Mike
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer

Male
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-02-09

3 Doors Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Doors Down   3 Doors Down EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 6:52 pm

They are a secular group....sometimes they will travel with christian groups but that definetly does not mean that they are christian.
Back to top Go down
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female

3 Doors Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Doors Down   3 Doors Down EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 6:55 pm

Do you know of any songs that they do sing that would be considered Christian. I was recently sent a link to their song "Citizen Soldier".

I guess that is what I am looking for in regards to this group clarification on this song.

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
Mike
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer

Male

3 Doors Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Doors Down   3 Doors Down EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 7:08 pm

Does the song recognize Jesus as Lord and savior and glorify Him...or does it Glorify the Soldier and what they are doing....in any case, If the song doesn't Glorify the Lord or recognize Jesus as Lord then it is Secular.
Back to top Go down
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female

3 Doors Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Doors Down   3 Doors Down EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 7:17 pm

I guess I'll have to go back and listen to the words more carefully because right now I can't answer that question........

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

3 Doors Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Doors Down   3 Doors Down EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 10:49 pm

3 Doors Down, as far as my knowledge of the band, they are not christian, they're music isn't "christian" music. They do refer to some biblical things, but do not say it based on a christian context. Thats what i have been told and read for myself, as i do enjoy some of their music.
If you find any good facts lisa, then please share as now i am curious, but as far as i was told and read, they aren't. maybe mike knows a little more...
Back to top Go down
Mike
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer

Male

3 Doors Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Doors Down   3 Doors Down EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 11:11 pm

No, sorry, mike don't know much at all...lol...head full of puddin.....lol. Everything i have posted here is out of my own personal opinion and view of what Christian music is. I take the views in which I believe and discern them and the music and that is how I decide if it is Christian or Secular. As far as 3 doors down, I listened to them back when they cam out in the 90's...and they are anything but Christian. As i stated, They do travel with some Christian bands but that does not mean that they are singing Christian music. That is all I know. God Bless
Back to top Go down
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female

3 Doors Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Doors Down   3 Doors Down EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 11:37 pm

Ok, I just googled them and some of their song lyrics and it's a big no on whether they are a christian band. That clears that up - LOL

Thanks for your help all.

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
schallerz
Private (Recruit)
Private (Recruit)

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-07-17

3 Doors Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Doors Down   3 Doors Down EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 3:34 pm

Mike wrote:
Does the song recognize Jesus as Lord and savior and glorify Him...or does it Glorify the Soldier and what they are doing....in any case, If the song doesn't Glorify the Lord or recognize Jesus as Lord then it is Secular.

The answer to that question is no. The Song does not glorify Jesus, but I myself see two different meaning to the song Citizen Soldier even though its meant to be about the military I see also as what it means to be a Christian and fighting for Gods army and his cause with 1 exception that I am still interpreting. but any way heres my interpretation of the song:

* The title: "Citizen Soldier"- I see it as a way of describing the job of every Christian person to fight for Gods army and fight off the devil while were are only humans.

* The opening verse: "Beyond the boundries of your city's lights. Stand the heroes waiting for your cries. So many times you did not bring this on yourself. When the moment finally comes, I'll be there to help."- Ok so One thing we as Christians strive to do is reach the lost and bring them to christ either locally or in other countries through mission trips. We're the heroes and we are always waiting for the cries of the lost in an effort to help them. And they did not bring any of the problem they have to themselves they're there because they don't have Jesus and God to protect them from the devil and its our job to go help them find Christ.

* The second verse: "On that day, when you need your brothers and sisters to care. I'll be right here."- Brothers and sister can refer to Christians being Brothers and Sister in Christ and again helping the lost.

*The Chorus: "Citizen soldiers Holding the life of the ones that we guide from the dark of despair. Standing on guard for the ones that we've sheltered. We'll always be ready because we will always be there."- The dark of despair can be seen as the presence of the devil and his evil work in an area or a persons life. And we're always watching each others back making sure the devil doesn't get ahold of any of our brothers or sisters. and we will always be there because it is our job as Christians to help the lost.

*The Second Chorus part: "When there's people crying in the streets. When they're starving for a meal to eat. When they simply need a place to make their beds. Right here underneath my wing, you can rest your head."- Matthew 25:35 says For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in. and that directly applies to this entire chorus.

*The Third Chorus Part: "Hope and pray, that you never need me but rest assured I will not let you down. I walk beside you, but you may not see me. The strongest among you may not wear a crown."- the first sentence can mean always pray when you need help and you should not need help from anyone but god but if you do we will be there for you. i see the second sentence as a allusion to the fact that though we cant see god he is always with us. now the last sentence is what im still working on because im not sure if i like my interpretation of it but here it is Jesus is call the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings throughout the bible so saying he is the king of kings that would make Jesus a king also and since a king wears a crown that would make God stronger than Jesus.

and thats my interpretation of the song "Citizen Soldier" by Three Doors Down

Zach S
Back to top Go down
RyJvR
Private (Recruit)
Private (Recruit)

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-11-24

3 Doors Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Doors Down   3 Doors Down EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 7:39 am

Hi, 3 Doors Down is not a Christian Band. As to whether any of the band members are Christian?? Who knows?
Citizen Soldiers, a great song and I also interpret some of the lyrics as a Christian theme; however the song itself is written with the US National Guard in mind.
R
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

3 Doors Down Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3 Doors Down   3 Doors Down Empty

Back to top Go down

3 Doors Down
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Warriors Online :: Christian Forums :: Christian Music & Movies-
Jump to: