Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TV monitor/ computer monitor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

TV monitor/ computer monitor Empty
PostSubject: TV monitor/ computer monitor   TV monitor/ computer monitor EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 3:13 pm

ok i am looking at getting a tv monitor to use as my computer monitor, and eventually hook up an xbox or dvd player. Well i want anything under 22inch and and atleast 19inch.
I am not very knowledged on good companies for monitors or tv's. I currently own a 15inch samsung monitor which is working perfectly, but i want something bigger and widescreen.
If someone good give me a little advice of what to look at and what not to look at i'd realy appreciate that Smile. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
matthewfredrox
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: TV monitor/ computer monitor   TV monitor/ computer monitor EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 2:31 am

I don't know too much about screens- so i can't help here (sorry if i got your hopes up)

When my screens die- i go down the shed and get annother one (about 10 down there) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KriGeRKranNe
Private
Private
KriGeRKranNe

Male
Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: TV monitor/ computer monitor   TV monitor/ computer monitor EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 3:05 am

The first thing you need to do, is make clear what the main purpose of your Monitor will be! and then secondly how large your budget is..

So What will you primarily be using your monitor for? Games, Movies, Studies, Work, Surfing?

Secondly, how big a budget do you have? Wouldn't make much sense for me to suggest a 20.000 $ Monitor, if you only have a budget of 500 $ Wink
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male

PostSubject: Re: TV monitor/ computer monitor   TV monitor/ computer monitor EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 6:56 am

Purpose: gaming/ school work...and the odd movie every now and then.
budget: max 400$
Back to top Go down
KriGeRKranNe
Private
Private
KriGeRKranNe

Male

PostSubject: Re: TV monitor/ computer monitor   TV monitor/ computer monitor EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:01 pm

Hmmm.... I'm not that aware of the prices on the American/Canadian market, since I don't live in those parts! However, I'll give you a few examples of acceptable monitors for the purpose specified!

For a gaming monitor, you need to be particularly aware of the following:

The monitors refresh rate: The Lower the better (I would say max 8-12ms for a gaming Monitor)

The monitors contrast ratio: This is important if you want the best viewing experience from your movies and games. The larger the color contrast, the better (Atleast 700:1 for a gaming monitor at that price range)

The monitors brigthness: Also an important feature. Would recommend 300cd/m^2 or higher

The monitors video bandwidth: Somewhere around 150mhz and above should be acceptable.

Here are a few examples, however do note that when buying a monitor you'll also need to buy an external TV tuner for it. You could possibly set your PC up as a Media Center, or simply buy a TV Tuner box in order to watch TV on it. Also be sure that your Graphics Card is capable of handling the Native resolution of the monitor you want to aqquire!

http://www.benq.com/products/LCD/?product=838&page=specifications
Price here in Denmark is about 336,86 $ (including the 25% VAT we pay here)

http://www.asus.com/products.aspxl1=10&l2=89&l3=362&l4=0&model=1741&modelmenu=2
Price here in Denmark is about 331,37 $ (including the 25% VAT)

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/spec.do?group=computersperipherals&type=monitors&subtype=lcd&model_cd=LS22PEBSFV/XAA&fullspec=F
Price here in Denmark is about 401,57 $ (including the 25% VAT)

My personal favorite is the Samsung one [Last one], definately well worth the money, despite it being slightly more expensive compared to the other two!

Hope this cleared up a few things for you!

NOTE: Of course you could always buy this one, once it comes out Wink https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yT6OuGXmGo
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male

PostSubject: Re: TV monitor/ computer monitor   TV monitor/ computer monitor EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 5:27 pm

wow that youtube one looks good lol Razz...i bet it must cost a lot forsure eh.
thank you for taking the time to show me a few, definitely increased my knowledge about monitors Smile
Back to top Go down
KriGeRKranNe
Private
Private
KriGeRKranNe

Male

PostSubject: Re: TV monitor/ computer monitor   TV monitor/ computer monitor EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 6:44 pm

Its not out yet, it'll first be out some time near the end of this year, so can't really comment on the "price" thing Wink But I doubt it'll be cheap either!

And good luck in your hunt for a new monitor Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV monitor/ computer monitor   TV monitor/ computer monitor Empty

Back to top Go down

TV monitor/ computer monitor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Warriors Online :: Public Discussions :: Tech Talk and Support-
Jump to: