Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yahweh, Christians only please

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Yahweh, Christians only please Empty
PostSubject: Yahweh, Christians only please   Yahweh, Christians only please EmptyThu Dec 06, 2007 2:46 pm

"In Christianity, Trinity is the doctrine that God is one being who exists, simultaneously and eternally, as a mutual indwelling of three persons (not to be confused by "person"): the Father, the Son (incarnate as Jesus of Nazareth), and the Holy Spirit.
In the Trinity, the Three are said to be co-equal and co-eternal, one in essence, nature, power, action, and will. " (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity)

If God is omnipotent (all powerful) then by all means The Father, Spirit, and Son do not have to exist in three persons.

God in plural: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: (Genesis 1:26)
God

Hebrew word: 'elohiym - this is word is plural of 'elowahh which means (1.God, 2. false god)

elohiym is used in the Old Testament refering to YHWH 2,346 times.
[http://cf.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H0430&Version=kjv]

And above the firmament that [was] over their heads [was] the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne [was] the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it.(Ezekiel 1:26)

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.(Revelation 1:Cool

5And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.(Revelation 21:5)

So like I said right now God does exist in three distinct persons but does not by any means have to even though He does.

What do you think?

Note: This is not stating my beliefs rather one of my thoughts on the ubject because I have not completely came to a conclusion and I may never until the day I die and am able to meet our Lord God Jesus Christ.
Back to top Go down
justin
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
justin

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Yahweh, Christians only please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yahweh, Christians only please   Yahweh, Christians only please EmptyFri Dec 07, 2007 12:51 am

Understanding God. Hmmmm. I do know that God doesn't have to do anything, unless he has already promised it.
I kinda think that the trinity is for our benefit. God the father is the ultimate being - all the things u wrote b 4 and more. Jesus is the flesh that some were able to see. He is the example in the flesh, something a little easier to grasp. The Holy Spirit is like the "new conscience" of a Christian. That's what we have to guide us because Jesus is not here to do that. With the Holy spirit, we have a link to Jesus, who is the only link to God. Jesus bridges the gap between us and God that we have created with sin.

I know that's a little vague, but I'll talk more later about it.
Back to top Go down

Yahweh, Christians only please
Page 1 of 1