Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Divorce and seperation...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Divorce and seperation... Empty
PostSubject: Divorce and seperation...   Divorce and seperation... EmptyWed Jan 23, 2008 12:18 pm

i know there are a few of our members that are married, and some that will be getting ready to marry. i am sitting in my Canadian family class and we are discussing divorce and seperation. What are your views? do you agree with divorce, even in certain situations?

I personally don't believe in it at all, its something that doesn't exsist in my vocabulary and i would never live up to a divorce. I know there times when people would think divorce is a good option, but thats just putting exceptions on the event, and i think then you're saying its ok. Once you marry someone, you are "one" flesh, and therefore you can never leave or de-tach yourself from him or her. i have heard of some cases of divorce and seperation because the partner no longer loves their partner, or their bored...or the "romance" is no longer there, i think thats a really stupid reason to divorce or seperate. Remembers, you married him/her and now you are one flesh in the eyes of God Smile

What do you all think???
Back to top Go down
justin
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
justin

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Divorce and seperation...   Divorce and seperation... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2008 12:57 am

Divorce seems like the norm these days. People throw out all kinds of stats on it.I think the latest is about half of all marriages end in divorce. whatever it is it's too many.

The Bible does mention it : Mal 2:15, 16....So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth. 16 "I hate divorce," says the Lord 'god of Israel, ...

Matt ch.19
vs. 9 - I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery.

There are other verses, but I think those clearly state how God feels about the matter.
Back to top Go down
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Divorce and seperation...   Divorce and seperation... EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 3:21 pm

When I took my vows, they were for life

_____, take you ______, to be my wedded wife/husband. To have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness or in health, to love and to cherish 'till death do us part.

I understand that in some situations that divorce happens, but I truly believe that when two people marry, they become one, til death do them part!

Too many people get married this day with the thought that if it doesn't work, oh well, I will just divorce and remarry. People are not willing to put the time and effort it takes into a loving and faithful marriage. Getting a divorce is way too easy and thought of way too much.

Just my opinion though.

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
Under Gods Command
Private (Recruit)
Private (Recruit)

Male
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Divorce and seperation...   Divorce and seperation... EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 5:07 pm

I have first hand witnessed a time in which divorce was the right answer. A certain family member did some stupid things as a teenager, even she will agree, one of which was having sex with her boyfriend and getting pregnant. When my grandpa, who is a religious zealot, learned she was pregnant he forced her to marry this man. After their forced marriage he was a jerk. He wouldn't pay for her living, he went out and had sex with other women and spend all of his and her money on drugs and alcohol. We weren't able to convince her to divorce him until he actually got another worman pregnant and he told my aunt he was interested in marrying this other woman. The situation was an ugly ordeal which was actually made better by the divorce. She is now getting married to a good man who will be a better father figure to her daughter than the real father. Please someone let me know if I am wrong in this situation. I agree that Divorce is thrown around today way too much, but there are situation where it is right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Divorce and seperation...   Divorce and seperation... Empty

Back to top Go down

Divorce and seperation...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Warriors Online :: Public Discussions :: Debates-
Jump to: