Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trip is booked

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Trip is booked Empty
PostSubject: Trip is booked   Trip is booked EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 4:55 pm

I didn't just book it - lol - it's been booked for two weeks now but I am super excited to share my trip plans.

Well, on May 9th my trailer opens and as long as there is now snow we'll be heading up to Youngs Point (Near Peterborough ON) to open up my 2nd home. My parents have had a trailer in the same park for 31 years this year and my husband and I have a trailer that is 2 over from there's. I grew up there, spent every summer up there, made tons of friends up there, even my first ever boyfriend was from there. I have some fantastic memories and some not so great ones but it is my favourite place to be in the summer time. All of my days off during the summer are spent up there. We are right on the lake so I spend a lot of time sitting on the beach reading, swimming and watching the boats go through the channel (we are right on the Trent System) I'll be up north that weekend with my husband, mom and dad and my aunt and uncle. So that will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Monday night when my husband gets home from work, he will be driving me across the border to Bufalo where I have booked a hotel for the night as the next day I will be flying out of there to Gulfport Mississippi. I would rather fly out of our local airport but it was way too expensive and a very long flight. For me to drive to where I am staying would take me just over 15 hours. To fly out of Toronto airport it would take me 11 hours and $1400. I would have to transfer in Montreal, Washington and Atlanta. Way too much for me to do on my own. Out of Bufalo it cost me $240 and I only have one layover in Atlanta. So, I will land in Gulfport Mississippi at 5pm on the 13th of May and will be there until the 22nd of May.

Now comes the crazy part of this trip - I am going to visit a family that I know only from on line. My husband and I have known them for almost 3 years now. I am going to see one of the boys graduate highschool. I am also going for some R&R, to find myself again and just to get back to being the happy person I used to be. For those that know me, know that I have been struggling with infertility for a long time now and my life is getting back to the point where i am all but consumed with it. I need the time away to find me again. My husband is nervous for me going alone but he has no qualms with me staying with this family. I am very excited!!!

So that is my trip! I am very excited to be getting away. I am also working on planning my trip to England for this October. I love to be on vacation.

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
Mike
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer

Male
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Trip is booked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip is booked   Trip is booked EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 5:32 pm

I would think long and hard about going to meet someone that you only know online...no matter how long. I will get some articles posted for all to see what has happened to people who have done this. I knew a girl from rochester minnesota that knew this guy for 7 years over the internet and she decided to go and meet him and his family. Long story short...they had her 3 year memorial last month. I will find the post and post it so that you can all see this. In my opinion it is a very very bad idea for anyone to meet anyone that is over the net. The other question is Why would your husband not want to be there with you if you only know them from the internet....3 years or not, if my wife wanted to go and meet someone from the net, 1. it would never happen and 2. If it did happen, I would be there with here to make sure everything was legite. Choice is yours i guess....choose wisely.
Back to top Go down
Ladyfire
Co-Admin
Co-Admin
Ladyfire

Female
Number of posts : 435
Registration date : 2007-12-09

Trip is booked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip is booked   Trip is booked EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 5:53 pm

There are definately dangers with meeting people from the internet. My husband and I have met 2 people from our Clan in person. We have been down to the General's house three times now and we had one of the other General's over to our house for a weekend. These visits have always been fantastic and I am always counting down until our next visit.

In this situation, my husband wants to come with me but can not get the time off to come with me and we discussed it at great length and prayed about it. I am not going to meet one person, I am meeting their entire family and have faith and trust in all of them. I talk to them on a daily basis and I don't just mean in hello and how are you. I know a lot about them and their family and trust that this is going to be a very safe trip for me.

I know that there are evil and dangerous people out there, but I know in my heart that this family does not fit into that category and that they will welcome me into their home like I am family.

I understand your concerns and appreciate them, trust me, I do. I need to do this though.

Blessed be,

Lisa
Back to top Go down
Mike
Graphics Designer
Graphics Designer

Male
Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Trip is booked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip is booked   Trip is booked EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 6:20 pm

The heart is the most deceitful part about us....because anything that comes from the heart is based out of emotion and not what God has told us to do by our spirit.....I will say nothing more.
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Trip is booked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip is booked   Trip is booked EmptyThu Apr 03, 2008 10:36 pm

Mike does have a point, you must really watch out closely about meeting people online, and sure i do not judge any of ur friends, as i wouldn't judge any of my online friends such as yourself. Now i know you Lisa pretty well, we talk a lot and we make great friends, and its fantastic, but some people also seem to find such friendships, and when it comes to something like this...it becomes the back stabber. Now i do not say u would do that to me, as i know very well from my heart and our friendship that u are a great person, and Mike ofcourse too, i speak about all my CW family here, but u must ALWAYS take precaution when meeting strangers u meet.

Besides the point, i will keep u in my prayers, and i expect to hear from u while u are away Smile, u must let us know how u're vacation is ofcourse Very Happy. So have a great time Lisa, i hope this lets u put a lot of stress at ease Smile. GodBless, and i will always be praying for u, and Mike, as i do every night before i head to bed Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Trip is booked Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trip is booked   Trip is booked Empty

Back to top Go down

Trip is booked
Page 1 of 1