Christian Warriors Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dual or Quad Core?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Dual or Quad Core? Empty
PostSubject: Dual or Quad Core?   Dual or Quad Core? EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 9:45 am

Ok so now i'm in the process of getting a Processor made by Intel. i have narrowed down to a dual core or a Quad core. Which is better? like a 2.66ghtz dual core....or a 2.1 ghtz Quad Core?

Matt. i'm expecting something good from you Razz
Back to top Go down
matthewfredrox
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Dual or Quad Core? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual or Quad Core?   Dual or Quad Core? EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 2:31 am

Well- The quad Cores are too new right now to give much of a single app speed increase. Unless the app supports splitting it'self between the 4 cores that is.

If you do lots at the same time- then the quad is the way to go. Waiting for a while will proberly get you better.

If you want to play 1 game and maybe music or somthing else- then the Dual core is better.

Overclocking is a extra factor.
For example- overclock the quad to 4.2GHz
That means that you have a total power of around 16.8GHz!
But the dual can only pull up around the 10GHz mark.

Conclusion: (yes- i have made a conclusion lol! )
If you overclock- get the quad for sure.
If you don't- get the duo (faster gaming) or the quad (better multitasking- and better New games)

Good enough?

Also- take cooling into consideration.
If you take the quad and overclock- you'll need a fairly good cooling (water, or a HUGE fan) and a few other fans to get the air out of the case.
Back to top Go down
vash
Admin
Admin
vash

Male
Number of posts : 760
Registration date : 2007-12-04

Dual or Quad Core? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual or Quad Core?   Dual or Quad Core? EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 2:02 am

oooo....nicely put Matt. Now i understand a little more about the quad core. So indeed it is made for the ability to multi task a lot more eh. Well i think i will be sticking with dual core for now...atleast until the quad core is 100% efficient...and perhaps if it drops in price just a little Razz.

Thank you for your post, definitely learned something new Smile
Back to top Go down
matthewfredrox
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Dual or Quad Core? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual or Quad Core?   Dual or Quad Core? EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 2:07 am

Yay! Glad to help you. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dual or Quad Core? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dual or Quad Core?   Dual or Quad Core? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dual or Quad Core?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Christian Warriors Online :: Public Discussions :: Tech Talk and Support-
Jump to: